Take in consideration your climate, the amount of sunlight the lawn will receive, the traffic the lawn will take and how easy it is to maintain.
Kikuyu is the most popular of the warm season grasses, followed by LM lawn, Buffalo lawn and Bermuda Lawn.
- Extremely drought-resistant.
- Great for dry and warm climate.
- Don’t need a lot of water.
Disadvantages of kikuyu grass
- Don’t like to be trimmed too often and too short.
- Kikuyu grass tends to turn yellowish in winter.
- Kikuyu grass dies when grown under too much shade.
- Needs full sun to thrive.
- It performs very well in shady and semi-shade conditions.
- Grow well in full sun.
- lM grass has the highest shade endurance out of all the species.
- LM, Berea and Buffalo grass have the same root system.
- Has a very soft long, narrow leaf and is a lighter shade of green than most lawns.
- The LM grass is heat tolerant and can recover therefore quick from drought and heat stress
- LM grass is used to home lawns, office parks, rough areas on golf courses and shade areas.
Buffalo Lawn Grass
- Buffalo grass is low maintenance and tough as a turf grass
- Adaptable to a wide variety of soil conditions.
- Buffalo grass requires less watering than other lawn grasses.
- This lawn requires less mowing
- Buffalo is less invasive than other lawns.
- It is shade tolerant, enjoys shaded from the sun, but will not grow in total shade.
- To keep Buffalo lawn looking at its best, regular watering is required and mowing but not too short.
- Because buffalo grass is not a thick lawn, it get easy weeds.
- Bermuda grass or Kweek is a fine leafed, green colour grass
- Kweek is well adjusted to a wide range of soil and climatic conditions and don’t like the sun.
- Fast growing and spreading
- Where frost occurs in winter the grass will remains brown until early spring.
- Bermuda grass has the fastest growth rate of any of the warm-season grasses.
- Low Maintenance.
Common uses for lawn
- Lawns; residential and commercial
- Open areas on golf courses
- Hockey fields
- Athletic fields
- Rugby fields
- Soccer fields
- Ground rehabilitation
- Light aircraft landing strips